Domain/Sub-domain Integration, Documentation, and Release Notes!
By Subutai Community Manager Felipe Fonseca
As always, we welcome your feedback. Should you have any technical issues or questions, feel free to join our Slack community and chat directly with the friendly Subutai Team and fellow members of the horde.
What’s New: Subutai Bazaar
Get ready to stick your flag in the P2P cloud territory! Subutai users are already familiar with the ability to map free sub-domains to containers in their environments. This means that any user can install their applications in P2P cloud environments, and reach them through the Internet. Subutai takes care of all the needed configurations: tunnels, proxies and port management.
Now you can use your own domain names and sub-domains with Subutai. For example, you can install the Nextcloud Blueprint and map a subdomain like cloud.ourfamilyrocks.info to share files with all your relatives in a pretty straightforward way.
Mapping your own domain name
Naturally, you will need access to the registrar where your domain name is managed and the ability to add CNAME records. Once you have that:
- log in to the Subutai Bazaar, click your profile picture on the top right menu, and find the “Domains” menu item.
- click “Add new” and choose “User managed domain”
- insert your domain name or subdomain. You will see that the popup will generate automatically a sample of the CNAME record you will need to create in your DNS settings. Please refer to your registrar’s support to find how to do that
- once you click “Save”, the new domain name will show up in your list of Domains, and will be available when you run a Blueprint or add a port mapping to an existing Environment
New Documentation site
We’ve overhauled the Subutai documentation site https://docs.subutai.io to make your learning and navigating experience easier. Get to know Subutai!
- Implemented latency measurement for peers
- Implemented latency measurement for proxies
- Added reconnect timeout for failing DHT connections
- Refactored save/restore sybsystem
- Dump file now uses YAML
- Output to stderr instead of stdout on non-zero exit code
- Fixed non-zero exit code on failed start attempts
Control Center v7.3.1
- Fixed bug with remote desktop to local container.
- Fixed bug with ControlCenter not being able to access into PeerOs.
- Fix for BP environment creation
Vagrant Plugin v7.0.8
- Write the PeerOs IP address to generated file (_IP_PEER).